Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Doggone Dog Bone Cake!!!

Even stuffed animals need parties, so I didn't even blink when my friend Shannon asked me to make a cake in the shape of a dog bone for her son Brady's puppy...toy puppy, that is.

I baked three rectangles in my bread pans... and cut four huge circles out of two of the rectangles for the ends. I cut wedges out of the circles so the piece would fit together, and then those wedges were sliced in half and arranged on top of the ends with a layer of buttercream between. This let me build up the ends of the bone nice and round with icing:


It was at this point I realized how incredibly easy it would be to make a booby cake. LOL
Next came marshmallow fondant on top so it would be nice and smooth:

I added puppy prints and some writing with icing I had thinned WAY too much. (It was running out of the tip! GAH!) And since the blue icing was way too thin, I just used white around the bottom. Pretty!

Bow wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment